Smart and Sustainable Communities
A smart city is an urban area that uses a variety of data-collection sensors to monitor and manage transportation, energy, water, waste, and other community services. DU's research in this area is led by Professor David Gao, Chair of the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, in collaboration with Professor Amin Khodaei and several other faculty mentors to expand undergraduate research on smart cities. Our research in smart cities is supported by multiple federal and industry-sponsored grants.
- Teaching Professor Jeffrey Edgington, PhD - CS
- Assistant Professor Rui Fan, PhD - ECE
- Professor & Chair Wenzhong "David" Gao - ECE
- Professor Amin Khodaei, PhD - ECE
- Professor Mohammad Matin, PhD - ECE
- Teaching Associate Professor Jason Roney, PhD - MME
- Teaching Assistant Professor Prachi Sharma, PhD - ECE
- Associate Professor Margareta Stefanovic, PhD - ECE
- Professor Kimon Valavanis, PhD - ECE
Do you want to support our research in smart and sustainable communities?Give Now
In the News
Engineering student Tim Bouraoui shares his sustainability project from his Research Experience for Undergraduates with Dr. Gao.