Our 4+1 programs, also known as Dual Degree programs, give students an opportunity to complete both their undergraduate and graduate degrees in just five years.
Why choose a 4+1 program?
- Earn your graduate degree faster and at a lower cost. You can take up to 20 credits of master’s degree coursework during your undergraduate program; Your total cost will be less than if you earned your master’s outside of the 4+1 structure.
- Learn more and embody a breadth of skills. Whether you plan to teach or go into industry, a 4+1 will get you there faster.
- No GRE, application fee, or letters of recommendation will be required to apply to your graduate program
- Master of Science in Bioengineering
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Master of Science in Materials Science
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechatronic Systems Engineering
The 4+1 Timeline
|Meet with your advisor or academic department Chair to develop your personalized 4+1 plan.|
Once you've earned 90 undergraduate credits (but before you've earned 135), submit a formal application to the graduate program. No GRE or application fee is required.
Begin taking your graduate courses alongside your undergraduate classes. You can take up to 20 graduate credits while you finish your bachelor's degree requirements.
|Complete your remaining required graduate courses.|
Contact your advisor or the department chair of your prospective program for more information and guidance in choosing a thesis or course-only graduate programVisit the DU Graduate Bulletin for 4+1 Requirements