Cyber-Physical Systems and Cybersecurity
As electronic communication and interaction occupies an ever-increasing role in modern society, the need for innovation and excellence in the field of cybersecurity is in a state of constant growth. Our faculty has demonstrated significant expertise related to secure routing and consistency models in peer-to-peer networks, reputation systems, large intrusion detection environments and mobile privacy. Estimates are that the U.S. will face a significant cybersecurity gap by 2021. We launched our professional master's in cybersecurity two years ago to keep up with this increased demand. We're growing our tenure-track faculty in the near term, with a particular focus on network security, systems security, internet of things security, and/or private biomedical informatics.
- Assistant Professor Sanchari Das, PhD - CS
- Associate Professor Rinku Dewri, PhD - CS
- Associate Professor & Chair Chris GauthierDickey, PhD - CS
- Assistant Professor Kerstin Haring, PhD - CS
- Associate Professor Matt Rutherford, PhD - CS
- Professor Kimon Valavanis, PhD - ECE