Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor
What I do
Dr. Jide Williams earned his doctorate in Material/Mechanical Engineering from the University of Denver in Colorado, U.S. in 2023. He holds a distinction master's degree in Process Engineering from the University of Lagos in Nigeria and a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. His doctoral thesis focused on the modernization of large power transformer tanks using advanced materials. Furthermore, Jide has acquired several notable certifications, including a Six Sigma Black Belt in process improvement, and certifications in Python programming and machine learning.
Passionate about engineering, psychology, management, and programming, Jide aims to find a synergy between these diverse fields. Before joining the Novel High Voltage and Temperature Materials research group at the University of Denver in 2018, he spent several years working in a management consulting firm. Since then, he has authored some publications in international journals. Recently, Jide was honored with the Scholar of the Year award at the University of Denver.
- Case study: A proposed change of material and geometry for the current Large Power Transformer Tanks - Conference Paper, Springer Nature (June 2023)
- Application of Polymer Matrix Composites in Large Power Transformer Tanks – IEEE Transactions on Power and Delivery (2022)
- A Formalized Material Selection Approach for Large Power Transformer Tanks, Mechanics of Composite Material - 7th International Conference Porto, Portugal (September 2021)
- Potential Improvement of the Impact Strength of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Plastics Using Graded Layered Woven Composite Core and Elastomeric Skin – Academia Journal (May 2021)
- Random Walk-based Stochastic Modeling of Diffusion in Spherical and Ellipsoidal Composites - International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering (2020)
- Ritchie School of Engineering & Computer Science Graduate Scholar of the Year Award, 2022
- Certificates: Six Sigma Black Belt Certified