MS In Electrical Engineering

Learn and apply new skills in our dynamic new learning environment.


The Master of Science in Computer Engineering (MSCpE), Electrical Engineering (MSEE), or Mechatronic Systems Engineering (MSMSE) is designed to advance the student’s knowledge in several areas of engineering. Each degree provides breadth while permitting the student to achieve depth in one of several specialization areas. These specialization areas, with thematic sequences of courses, have been selected to coincide with those of high current interest as well as those emerging technologies that hold promise of increasing importance for the future. The purpose of these programs is to serve the profession of engineering and the Colorado community through advanced study in computer engineering, electrical engineering, and other related fields. Each program prepares the student for academic and industrial advancement. All programs offer a thesis and a non-thesis option.


Additional Resources

Request More Info


Kickstart Your Masters in Electrical Engineering with DU


Total Credit Hours

Every candidate for the MS degree must complete 45 quarter hours of credit, at least 36 of which must be completed at the University of Denver.

Program Structure

Candidates may elect either the thesis or non-thesis option. This choice may be made at any time, although a delay in declaration may impact the completion date. Students who are GTAs or who receive financial support from a University research grant, such as GRAs, are required to elect the thesis option. These programs are designed to be completed in about seven quarters if two courses (usually 8 QH) are taken each quarter.Three COMP courses at the 4000-level (other than COMP 4991) are required of which at least one must be a designated “theory” class.

Course Descriptions

For the most up-to-date course descriptions please visit the Office of the Registrar’s website.It is possible for graduate students to take courses outside of the ECE department with approval of their advisor.


Application Process


For the most up-to-date course/curriculum requirements please visit the Office of the Registrar’s website.

Financial Assistance

View graduate student assistance programs

Graduate Assistantships

Receive financial assistance while you pursue a master’s or doctoral degree by applying for a graduate teaching assistantship (GTA) or graduate research assistantship (GRA) position.

To learn more about GTA or GRA positions, please visit the Graduate Assistantships page.