Kimon P. Valavanis is John Evans Professor and Chair, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, and Director of the DU Unmanned Systems Research Institute. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), a Fulbright Scholar, and Vice President of the Mediterranean Controls Association. He is also Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. He is founder and President of the ICUAS association, Inc., a non-profit organization aiming to promote knowledge and education in unmanned systems and organizing the annual technical conference in UAVs.He has close to 400 publications including 16 books and edited books. Valavanis has graduated 35 PhD students and more than 80 MS students.
- Ph.D., Computer and Systems Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), 1986
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), 1984
- Other, Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, NTU Athens / Technical Chamber of Greece, 1982
- Other, Electrical and Electronic Engineering (5 Years), National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), 1981
Licensure / Accreditations
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (EE and ME)