The department of computer science is based in the University of Denver’s School of Engineering and Computer Science. The school reflects two of the university’s strongest traditions: academic integrity and a commitment to meeting student needs with dynamic new programs. We are strong in research and particularly noted in software engineering, information security and privacy, and humane gaming.
What makes Computer Science at DU special?
- Small classes taught by faculty, not teaching assistants
- Research-active faculty members who publish regularly, land impressive grants and win teaching awards
- An up-to-date curriculum that includes classes in modern software engineering,
- Web technology based on Linux and Microsoft servers and applications, Java, multimedia, mobile computing, networks, databases, cyber security and computer game development
- Students who create a peer culture defined by high expectations
- A small yet vital PhD program that enhances the department’s intellectual atmosphere
- DU Computer Science
- DU Game Developers Society
- Women in Technology
- DU Esports